“Change the world with confidence” is the tag line on Bolder Advocacy, the Alliance for Justice’s new website. And it provides a wealth of resources that should help foundations and nonprofits do just that.
According to the site, Bolder Advocacy advances and protects the role of nonprofits in influencing public policy, using its expertise to ensure that the legal and political environment in which organizations operate is fair, balanced and open to hearing them.
Here’s some of what the new site offers:
- Resources on a wide range of topics, including Ballot Measures, Influencing Legislation, Funding Advocacy and much more. Some resources are intended specifically for foundations, while others are just for nonprofit organizations. Searches can be filtered by organization type, activity, tax status and state, so results are specific and relevant.
- An Advocacy Capacity Tool that measures the effectiveness of an organization’s advocacy work.
- A list of Bolder Advocacy attorney-led workshops and trainings and connections to one-on-one technical assistance available over the phone and via email.
- A special Focus on Foundations section that calls out related blog posts and more.
- A blog for the latest commentary on what’s new at AFJ and on BolderAdvocacy.org, policy changes and issues affecting advocacy as well as highlights of advocacy in the news.
Have you used any of the resources available on the new site? If so, let us know how they helped you change the world with confidence!
– Susan Stehling, MCF communications associate