MCF member PFund Foundation has issued its call for nominations for two annual awards: Power of One and Power of Philanthropy.
The Power of One Award recognizes individuals who work to improve the quality of life for the LGBT community through efforts such as volunteering, activism and leadership. For this award, PFund seeks nominees who:
- Show significant contributions that reflect the PFund mission and vision
- Demonstrate depth and breadth of service to the LGBT community in Minnesota, Iowa, North Dakota, South Dakota or Wisconsin
- Are community leaders or activists
The award recipient will receive $1,000 to give to a nonprofit organization of his/her choice and that also aligns with PFund’s vision and mission.
The Power of Philanthropy Award honors a community philanthropist whose work has inspired giving within and toward LGBT communities and has advanced social justice for LGBT and allied communities in the Upper Midwest. PFund seeks those who:
- Have given generously and have inspired, educated or motivated others to give generously
- Exemplify thoughtful, purposeful, responsive or innovative giving strategies
- Demonstrate significant or visible impact on efforts to advance social justice for LGBT and allied communities in Minnesota, Iowa, North Dakota, South Dakota or Wisconsin
Head to PFund’s website to see the full criteria and make your nominations. Submissions are due May 15, with recipients announced in August. Good luck to the nominees!