Delta Dental of Minnesota Foundation has launched a leadership award in honor of Ann K. Johnson, former Executive Director of Delta Dental of Minnesota Foundation, and Community Affairs Director of Delta Dental of Minnesota. Ann dedicated her career to uplifting the lives of others and encouraging those around her to use their talents towards improved oral health for all Minnesotans.
The Ann K. Johnson Minnesota Community Health Spirit Award will be given to an individual in special recognition of their contributions to improving oral and/or overall health in Minnesota, and to celebrate their visionary leadership.
An award of $2,500 will be presented to honor the recipient for his or her spirited leadership in oral and/or overall health on behalf of underserved communities. Prospective nominees will be considered based on Ann’s leadership qualities:
- Inspiring and bringing together people to achieve oral health and/or overall health goals
- Leading by example through a lifelong commitment and dedication to communities
- Seeking continual growth through listening, learning, and practicing creative leadership
- Achieving significant accomplishments for community health, especially oral health
- Promoting a positive work experience – working with a smile in all that is done, and having fun in the work you do
- Helping others shine and rise to their full potential
Candidates must be nominated by an organization or by an individual with whom they are personally or professionally affiliated. All candidates must have a nomination package submitted by July 31.
Visit the online nomination form to learn more about the award and the process. Good luck to those being nominated!