Do you know a great fundraiser, who not only brings in money but inspires others in his or her community? Or an organization that’s shown an especially deep and important philanthropic commitment? Here’s your chance to see them honored.
AFP Minnesota is inviting nominations for the following awards, to be recognized at their 2012 National Philanthropy Day Celebration in November:
- Outstanding Youth Award to an individual or group who has shown outstanding philanthropic effort within their community.
- Outstanding Individual Philanthropist to individuals or families who have demonstrated outstanding civic and charitable responsibility and generosity.
- Outstanding Volunteer Fundraiser to individuals who have demonstrated exceptional leadership as a volunteer for a major fundraising project for more than one nonprofit organization.
- Outstanding Professional Fundraiser to individuals who practice his/her profession in an exemplary manner and are an inspiration to others.
- Outstanding Philanthropic Organization to businesses, corporations, foundations and/or organizations who have demonstrated outstanding philanthropic commitment.
- Outstanding Legacy Award posthumously awarded to individuals or families as recognition of their generosity and volunteer support.
Any community member may nominate someone for an award. An independent volunteer committee composed of members of Minnesota’s philanthropy community will review all applications. Get your nominations in by May 11 to be counted! Learn more and download the award nomination packet at the AFP Minnesota website.