In this highly visible and fast-paced role, the Program Assistant:
- Serves as the first point of contact for many of MCF’s committees, networks and task forces by preparing correspondence, arranging conference calls, scheduling meetings, creating and disseminating minutes.
- Takes initiative in providing timely and effective administrative support to the Director of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, Director of Member Services and the Director of Public Policy and Government Relations.
- Supports MCF’s program operations, including database and technological support.
- Prioritizes and manage multiple projects simultaneously, and follows through on issues in a timely manner to ensure program directors achieve strategic goals.
- Provides strategic insight during development of Council programs and activities to eliminate duplication of efforts and ensure quality program delivery.
Selection criteria for this position include:
- Outstanding verbal and written skills on the phone, in email and in person.
- Warm and welcoming presence; commitment to hospitality and customer service.
- Strategic, critical thinker with an insatiable curiosity about finding creative solutions.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
And required experience includes:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent and a minimum of five years of administrative assistant experience, including executive assistant level responsibilities, direct customer service support and reception or a two-year degree in administrative assistance and two years of experience.
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills.
- Tech savvy with proficiency with current office technology
- Experience managing event logistics.
- Experience managing committees.
- Previous nonprofit, philanthropic or membership association work experience.
See the full job description on our website, and help us spread the word! Applications are due May 9.